Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why so shy?

My 30-something single friends are so shy.
Here I tell them - just DO IT!, there they will tell me - let me think about it!
What's the big deal? Just text him and ask a general question. Or after gym, just ask him if he wants to grab food. Just make it casual. It is sooooo easy.

They tell me - "easy for you to say, you are married and you don't like him"

I guess they are right. I am so excited to get them meeting and talking to guys (since age is catching up..ouch!), I always make it seem so easy. But I know if I were in their shoes now, I would also be like them, hesitating, not doing even on the simplest task. All for the fear of rejection.

That is what holds them back. Rejection and getting hurt! I understand.

But what the heck. You are reaching mid 30s, no need to be shy anymore, we are all grown ups. It is not like you want to marry him, just having a drink and get to know each other. No big deal. Just do it, don't wait anymore.

2 comments:

davors said...

hahaha...
things wil be different when we step into one's shoe...

do her a favor...
date that guy out for a meal..
then you cabut half way...

lame but helpful to break the barrier to begin... :)

just my 2 cents...

Anonymous said...

Davors - I want to and I would do it cos I am not shy anymore...I have nothing to lose cos I am married and not interested. I would help them in anyway I can, arrange for meet-ups, be the one to ask to go out etc but unfortunately I moved out of the country and can only advise by phone :(