Friday, August 1, 2008

Blind Dates - The Actual Date

A good set up to a blind date (link to my previous posting) is just 20% of the battle. The bigger battle is exactly what happens when you actually go on the blind date?
I definitely agree that the anticipation of meeting your blind date is pretty daunting. It builds up all the way to the second you lay eyes on your date.

3 typical reactions (in silence please) -

1. Hurray! I scored!
2. Hmmm...ok..lets see.
3.OMG! How am I going to get thru this?

You shake hands, greetings...sit down and start the chit chat!
You know you will have a good time if within 10 minutes both of you laugh about something.
If not.....it will be a slow slow night.

All is well if you like your date. Have a good time and see where it goes.

If it is not going well....I suggest to always have an Escape Plan.
1) Ask a friend to call 1 hour into your date. If it is not going well, you can have an excuse of family emergency or friend in trouble and you have to go.
2) In your conversations, state that you are stressed cos you have some work still not done. So then after dinner you can easily say goodbye with the excuse.
3) Yawn and start looking tired. Give excuse of having stayed up the whole night to finish work. Your date would willingly let you go home early!

However, if your guy/gal date is not a jerk (just not your taste) I really think that one should at least finish the date and not escape half way. Finish the dinner, have the coffee...even if the person is not your cup of tea, he/she is still a person and everyone have feelings.

I will tell you next my actual experience when I went on blind dates, some good ones and definitely a "wrong" one. Meanwhile...answer the poll on the right panel.

No comments: