Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Husband

I have been married for a year.
I have lived with my husband for 6 mths.
Strange?
During our courtship, our relationship have been mainly long distance.
He is in US and I am in Malaysia. Thousand of miles apart.
After we got married, I still stayed in Malaysia for 6 mths before joining him in US.
So now, I have officially been a housewife for 6 mths.
It was wonderful, I cook, bake, garden, watch TV and shop, living the typical housewife life.
I am going back to Malaysia to visit my family for one month leaving this Thursday morning.

My husband called me yesterday from work and said -
" Dear, I am so sad you are going away for one month, I am going to miss you. I think I am going to take Thurs and Friday off from work."

In my mind, I was like - "Errr....for 6 mths since I have been here, you hardly take any off days (expect when we go on holidays) but you wanna take leave immediately when I go back home to visit my parents" :) you must be pretty happy to get rid of me :)

Anyway, I did not say anything as I was more amused than anything else.

So this morning before he went to work, he was lamenting again, how much he is going to miss me! Jokingly I said to him - " I don't know if you are going to miss me but you sure is eager to get rid of me since you are taking leave from work immediately when I step on the plane"

He was shocked that I saw it that way as it did not occur to him at all. He thot he would take leave because he would feel so down when I go away and taking some time off from work would be a good idea.

I know my silly husband did not mean any harm but I was just chuckling on how different men and women think.

No comments: