Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sex and The City - The Movie


I watched it finally. It was date night for me and husband and for 50cents tickets, it was well worth it.

I was pleasantly surprised on how well the movie turned out. I totally enjoyed the series but movie making is a totally different ball-game. And I must say the writers did a great job. For months after the movie release, I avoided all news about the movie and I am glad I did cos I really did not know the plot of the movie. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised.

Highlights of the show for me -

1) Carrie during the Vogue photoshoot - It was wow!, She looked fantastic, she looked like a supermodel. It was every women's dream come true. Gorgeous.

2) When Mr Big did not turn up at the wedding and both their cars met. Carrie got out and hit Mr Big with the roses. I thot it was classic and very real cos I could really feel the emotions of being jilted and that reaction was so real. But guess who stole the scene away? For me, it was Charlotte. After Carrie hit Mr Big, she turned and leaned on Charlotte crying. It was Charlotte's glare at Mr Big and one word NO! was enough to say it. DON'T COME NEAR MY FRIEND! YOU BACK OFF! YOU'VE HURT HER ENOUGH.

3) Charlotte pooping in her pants. Oh my! That was so funny! It was quite a moment!

4) Brooklyn Bridge - When Miranda and Steve ran into each other's arms. It was such a touching moment. And the lead up to it was pretty symbolic. Basically when they meet, it is about putting the past behind and moving forward together as a couple. It was really emotional as both of them really brought out the emotions. Not forgetting the sex scene after (if you all saw the uncensored version), it was really passionate, almost desperation of hurt and joy, pain and happiness on being united as one. Great performance!

5) Samantha and her naked sushi body. It's so funny. Something that I thot of but never would dare to do of course.

6) Miranda and her bushy bush down there. I think after the movie, a lot of ladies went for a trim. :)

I would say the movie was done nicely. It really kept the essence of the series very well. It had the drama required for a movie, though a bit corny at times but overall it was very smooth, very entertaining. A definite can-see movie for the hopeless romantics.

4 comments:

Olive Poppy said...

I can't wait till the DVD is released so I can re-watch it over and over again, like what I did with the series. :P

Anonymous said...

Missmall - yeah I agree. I can watch the series again and again. Every episode is just fantastic.

Hello said...

Ooooh.. I love the scene with Charlotte toO!!! Such strong protective friends Carrie has!!! Makes me feel the importance of having good gal friends.

Anonymous said...

Hello - I totally agree. It is so important to have good gal friends. Those who will stand by your side no matter what!